Torrequebrada golf course, in Benalmádena on Spain´s Costa del Sol, opened in 1976.The course was designed by José "Pepe" Gancedo, one of Spain´s most promising amateur golfers, who has since designed many golf courses in Spain, in the rest of Europe and in the States. It is considered one of the best courses in Europe.
Torrequebrada was host to the 53rd Spanish Open Championship in 1979. A unique feature is the variety of fairway design, which makes it important to choose the right club for each shot. The more intrepid player can test his skill on every hole, whatever his handicap. It would not be correct to draw attention to any particular hole as they are all part of the combined challenge presented by the landscape and nature itself. The greens are notable for their size and speed. Strategically placed lakes and bunkers add to the course´s challenge and interest. Over 100 varieties of shrubs and trees line Torrequebrada´s fairways and every hole has a backdrop of the blue Mediterranean and the mountains.
The Torrequebrada golf course is very conveniently situated at approximately 20 minutes from Malaga Airport, Torremolinos and Fuengirola, and just 10 minutes from Benalmádena and its popular leisure harbour.
Entertainment is, therefore, within easy reach after a round of golf. The clubhouse, with its panoramic views and privileged situation overlooking the 18th fairway, provides all the modern facilities that one comes to expect from a golf club of this category. Terraces, reception rooms for private functions, dressing rooms, bar-restaurant, driving range and pro-shop.
4 REASONS TO CHOOSE
- A beautiful picturesque golf course between the sea and mountains. The Torrequebrada golf course is very conveniently situated at approximately 20 minutes from Malaga Airport, Torremolinos and Fuengirola, and just 10 minutes from Benalmádena and its popular leisure harbour.
- Have fun, The ideal location for:
- Company functions. Enjoy with your family and friends. - Improve your handicap. - Learn how to play.
- Relax, The ideal place to:
- Enjoy some food or a coffe. - Improve or buy new equipment. - Take home a souvenir for your loved ones.
- Driving range. - Club house. - Pro-Shop. - Parking. - Buggies with GPS - Restaurant
HOW TO GO?
Leave the A7 HIGHWAY: At exit 222 "Arroyo de la Miel/Benalmádena".Keep to your right, direction "Benalmádena Pueblo".Take the road on the left just behind the "GALP" gasoline station. Pass the roundabout of the Xanit Hospital. Keep following the road for about 1.5 Km..Golf Torrequebrada entrance on your right hand side.
On the "340" Coast road COMING FROM TORREMOLINOS. Take the first exit on the right (Torrequebrada). Follow the road uphill. Take the second street on your right leaving the scholl International Torrequebrada on your left. Keep following the road for about 1.5 KM. Golf Torrequebrada entrance on your left hand side.
On the "340" Coast road COMING FROM FUENGIROLA.
Make a U-turn at the Sunset Beach Hotel and drive back towards Fuengirola. Take the first exit on the right (Torrequebrada). Follow the road uphill. Take the second street on your right leaving the school International Torrequebrada on your left. Keep following the road for about 1.5 KM. Golf Torrequebrada entrance on your left hand side.
Location: 36º 35' 19" N - 4º 33' 6" O
WHAT ARE THE MAIN FEATURES OF THE CLUB?
The Club House situated at only 20 minutes from Malaga airport, our Club House has all you need to enjoy a perfect day of golf: Pro-shop, locker rooms, meeting rooms, free WIFI, etc...The bar-restaurant with large terraces and breathtaking views of the course and the Mediterranean where you can organize all kinds of events and celebrations.
HOW IS THE COURSE DESIGN?
It has extended greens with large undulations. It's fairways, many of them "doglegs" defined by a vast amount of mostly palm, pine and olive trees. The tees, almost all of them on raised positions , allow you to discover how to play each hole.The bunkers and lakes are strategically positioned along the course. It's gentle relief with magnificent views of the Mediterranean and the mountains turn
Golf Torrequebrada into a really unique golf course.
- Juan Jimenez - Golf Torrequebrada Pro - "Golf Torrequebrada is an unforgettable course because each hole has it's own caracter".
- Javier Varela - Professional Golfer and director of "RUTA 21" on CANAL+ GOLF Television - "I don't know anybody who played Torrequebrada that does not want to repeat.It offers constant challenge , makes you think in a strategic way and demands a good short play. The trees & shrubs, the climate and the beautiful surroundings have made Torrequebrada what it is, a golfers paradise in Spain".
P.O. BOX 120
Urb. Torrequebrada, Edificio Club de Golf
Telf. 95 244 27 42 - Fax: 95 256 11 29
29630 Benalmádena - Costa del Sol - España
BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS